Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) Preferred
Add “CAWA Preferred" or "CAWA Required” to your recruitment materials
Hiring a CEO or Executive Director who has earned the Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) credential:
- Ensures your organization and the Board of Directors that the individual has well rounded experience and unique animal welfare knowledge to support your agency’s mission and long term growth;
- Supports your fundraising goals; donors who meet with a CAWA understand the Board of Directors’ commitment to use their money wisely; and
- Assures your staff that their leader has the highest skill level.
Qualified individuals meet rigorous standards set by SAWA peer professionals!
High minimum standards are set for those who sit for the exam:
- Candidates meet strict eligibility requirements in leadership, management, and animal welfare experience.
- SAWA develops and manages the CAWA program in accordance with globally accepted accreditation standards and best practices for personnel certification programs.
- The exam is fair, practical and reflects industry competency standards.
- Current CAWAs are required to continue their education through leadership, professional involvement, and formal coursework.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org